Get Your Bake On

A week off from school clearly called for some baking: I made my mom's crispy chocolate chip cookie recipe. Featured here are all the ingredients needed: 3.5 cups white whole wheat flour, a cup of sugar, a cup of light brown sugar, a tbsp baking soda, a tsp salt, a tbsp milk, 2 tsp vanilla, an egg, a stick of butter, a stick of margarine, 3/4 cup canola oil and chocolate chips, oats, and corn flakes (1 cup each). This recipe makes A LOT of cookie dough and it freezes really well, so today I only made a few cookies and then froze the rest of the dough for when the girls come to visit next week. First I sifted the flour with the baking soda and salt. Then I used the mixer (I am a lucky duck to have a kitchen aid; an amazing gift from ADG's mom--I believe it first belonged to adam's grandma-- the gift that keeps on giving!) to cream the butter/marg/sugar/brown sugar/vanilla/milk/egg etc. Then I slowly added the oil and flour to mix together and voila: crispy chocolate cookie dough! Pictured here are the cookies on my new plate, an awesome bday surprise from LKK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment