S'more Memorial Day Baking

I constantly find recipes for delicious looking baked goods online but when I found a recipe for S'more Cookie Bars, I had to make them for a certain S'more-loving roommate of mine. I have to say that although I was excited about these the entire time I was baking, the final product was a bit dissapointing: the chocolate to marshmallow ratio is off--too much chocolate and not enough marshmallow. I added fluff to the top of the bars, which I think made them better (according to the S'more expert) but they are still very rich--too much chocolate! It was fun to branch out a bit with my baking even though it wasn't a complete success. In the top photo you will find all the ingredients used (brown sugar, regular sugar, white whole wheat flour, an egg, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 hershey's chocolate bars, 8 graham crackers, and 1.5 cups fluff). The middle photo is the graham cracker dough in the mixer and then the bottom pictures features the layering and then the final product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment