A Tale of Two Salmons


Two different dinners featuring salmon:

The first one was just a standard salmon fillet but I made homemade french fries that were AWESOME. I seasoned two idaho potatoes with kosher salt, pepper and chilli powder and then baked the fries in the oven--the catch though was that I used Olive Oil PAM to the baking sheet and then PAM'ed the fries as well, these fries are clearly a lot better for you because they are baked not fried and there is really no fatty oil being used, because the PAM does the trick. Delicious dinner.

For the second salmon dinner, I made pesto in the food processor (fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, salt, EVOO) and then spread the pesto on the salmon and baked in the oven for 20 minutes at 370. The salmon was so good with the pesto it just melted in your mouth. I also made a spinach salad with feta, hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, mushroom, red onion and a tiny bit of olive oil. YUM!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment