Repeat: Zuchinni & Spinach Stuffed Shells

In keeping with theme of repeat meals, I made the zucchini and spinach stuffed shells again because they were so good the first time and I was interested in perfecting them. This time, I doubled the amount of spinach used. I always forget how much spinach shrinks, so this time I used 12 oz of spinach. I sauteed that, then sauteed the thinly sliced zucchini, diced onion and garlic, mixed it in with part-skim ricotta and stuffed the shells. You can see the shells here before the sauce and mozzarella was added. I also added to the cooking time--40 minutes, with about 10 minutes without the foil. I love these because I can make them in the morning and then just stick them in the oven for dinner. It is a huge dish so there was plenty of leftovers for the next night and there are still some in the fridge, so come on over! Maybe next time I'll try part cottage cheese, part ricotta.

0 comments:

Post a Comment