chicken parm!

Tonight I made chicken parmesan from scratch, along with a homemade cesear salad and some pasta! I started with skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I dredged the chicken in flour/oregano, then egg whites, and then Panko (japanese bread crumbs). I like Panko as opposed to regular bread crumbs, because Panko has a really great texture. I then cooked the chicken breasts over medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side with a little bit of EVOO in the pan. Then I placed the chicken, still in the skillet, into the oven on 450 degrees for 5 minutes. I then turned the chicken breasts over, spread 1 tbsp of tomato sauce on each chicken breast along with some mozzarella cheese, and placed back in the oven for another 6 minutes. I was nervous about trying this out but the it turned out great and adg liked it too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment