Pad Thai!


I know I've really been letting my loyal QCC readers down. Too much going on with school, and though I have been cooking quite a bit, I just haven't been so inspired by my dishes....until today! Tonight, I made chicken and shrimp Pad Thai! It was delicious and surprisingly easy to make. First, I scrambled 2 eggs and then set the eggs aside. Then, I cut chicken breasts into small pieces, and stir fried it until half-way cooked. I added the cooked rice noodles (to cook rice noodles, be sure to take the boiling water off the heat, and have the noodles soak in the hot water. Keep an eye on them. Mine were a nice al dente in about 5 minutes) and the Pad Thai sauce (I bought bottled sauce in the Asian section at Wegman's--next time I'll try making it myself!) and mixed it all together. Once it seemed combined (about 4 minutes on medium heat), I added 2 cups of bean sprouts, the scrambled eggs and chopped green onion. I cooked for another minute or so, and voila! When I served the Pad Thai, I added chopped roasted peanuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment